I follow the Zen path because I’ve found it keeps me balanced in a society that often feels insane. For me, Buddhism is not so much religious dogma, but a philosophy that promotes wellbeing. The following list is what I try to incorporate into my daily activities.
1. Do one thing at a time, focus only on that thing,
2. Do it slowly, deliberately,
3. Do it completely before moving on,
4. Do less, simplify,
5. Develop rituals,
6. Designate time for important things,
7. Sit regularly, focusing on inner calm/wellbeing,
8. Smile with gratitude while serving others,
9. Turn ordinary tasks—cleaning, gardening, cooking, walking, waiting in line at the store—into meditation,
10. Live simply, and appreciate every breath.